Questo sito utilizza cookie tecnici, analytics e di terze parti.
Proseguendo nella navigazione accetti l'utilizzo dei cookie.

Preferenze cookies

Premises

Permanent Delegation of Italy to NATO
Bld. Léopold III – 1110 Brussels
E-Mail: rappnat.mail@esteri.it

 

The Permanent Delegation of Italy to the North Atlantic Council is located within NATO Headquarters in Evere, in the northeastern area of the Brussels Region.

Roughly 4,000 people work on a full-time basis at NATO’s new Headquarters, inaugurated in 2018. Of these, some 2,000 are members of the civilian and military national delegations to the Alliance.

With Permanent Delegations of NATO members and partners based at the Headquarters, there is ample opportunity for informal and formal consultation on a continuous basis, a key part of the Alliance’s decision-making process, which requires continuity and promptness.

The “interlocking fingers” design of the new building reflects the unity of the Alliance, as well as its adaptability, with state-of-the-art facilities enabling it to adapt to evolving needs. Furthermore, the building contributes to limiting NATO’s environmental footprint by reducing water and energy consumption, especially by making full use of natural light through its vast glass surfaces.

The first North Atlantic Council Headquarters was established by the Allies in 1949 in London, at 13 Belgrave Square. As NATO’s structure developed and more space was needed, its Headquarters was moved to central Paris in April 1952, to the Palais de Chaillot at first and then to Porte Dauphine (1960). In 1966, it was necessary to move the facilities to Brussels, on Boulevard Leopold III, where the new Headquarters, which was built across the road from the previous building, is also currently located.